Thursday, August 21, 2014

thoughts.

This week has been crazy good. And I don't mean that phrase as in "really good"-not that it has been bad. But I guess what I really mean is crazy, but good. Addi and I have really dug in this week to see if we could make this insane creative lifestyle we love so much a reality. Meaning, seeing if we could get it to pay and be full-time-job busy. A ginormous calendar went up, our workspace now has a million lists hung up next to it and potential artwork sketches up. It's actually pretty cool!

Addi and I are figuring out how to balance an etsy shop, and a photography business. Sound nuts? It is. This week took it seriously, we buckled down and stopped this "hobby" business and saw if we could really do this for reals. We got our goals alined, our schedules synched, our plans made. And guess what? It's been awesome. For some reason, once we opened up to the idea, and figured out some tools to make it successful, things have flowed. I have been 100% happy and filled with purpose this week. With this tingling feeling, just wondering how long we could actually make this last. We've made 90% of our sales on Etsy in the last 3 days alone. We've been booking shoots. Moving forward any way that we can. I love that we can actually do this. I don't know how long it will last, but I'm going to work like it's going to last forever, and it will.

I love being able to be with my baby all day. I love working with Addi. I love that my organizational skills, and crude marketing/business savvy can get us through weeks like this so that we can do what we love and actually make it work for us.

It's scary to be an artist. It's scary to put yourself out there. It's scary to try something new, something that no one says will work. It's hard to believe in yourself and your product so much to actually charge someone to enjoy it. We are making this up as we go and praying every step of the way. We have never been this unstable before, financially or otherwise-even in college! And that is really frightening. In fact, I can only let myself think about it for a couple minutes a day or else I wouldn't be able to function properly.

The best things are always worth waiting for. I cannot wait to look back on this time and laugh at how
absurd our situation is. I can't wait to look back and see The Lord's hand in every one of our failures and successes, gently leading us on a calculated path. It's going to be so incredible to look back one day and know we are going to be alright.

I was joking with Addison the other day about if we had personal business cards right now, with all the random crap we are doing for money right now, what they would say. Haha

Bre Welch
watercolor painter, actress, wedding singer, photographer, photo editor, princess parties, marketer, designer, house-sitter, entrepreneur, ebay seller, seamstress

Addison Welch
choreographer, photographer, photo editor, graphic designer, princess parties (yes, he's doing one with me too), painter, marketer...etc, etc, etc...

No comments: