Thursday, May 15, 2014

alfie's blessing day.

what an incredible day this was. Alfie was blessed in Addisons' home ward on May 4//2014. i loved hearing my sweet husband and his righteous wishes for Aflie's life. so many beautiful qualities. I can't believe my boy is 4 months old today. it has been so fun to get to know him. so far, i can say he is patient, easy-going, an observer...it's almost as if he already understands his place in our family and in the world around him. like an eternal perspective. he's got an old soul. he is wise. i can't explain what a joy it is to be his mother.

i bore my testimony on the blessing of being a mother. it was a year ago, Mother's Day that I found out little Alfie was on his way. i explained how it was a really rough year, and how being away from family made me rely on The Lord and the Priesthood. Addison bore a testimony on the blessings that come from obedience. Wayne, Melinda and even Aunt Holly bore their testimonies too! it was such a gorgeous day. we then had a gourmet brunch in Melinda's backyard. such bliss.
this picture makes me SO HAPPY! proud grandparents.
Addison and his siblings haven't been all together for almost 5 years! it was a momentous occasion.

2 comments:

Shawnee said...

My heart is so sad that I spaced the date! I am so sorry to my adorable Welches! BUT - we are so excited to see you on Sunday. Love you all so much!

Lauren @ Lot Forty Eight said...

Your baby is soooo cute!!! Congratulations!! It has been so long since I have seen you both. So happy to hear you are doing well.