Saturday, March 15, 2014

saturday is a special day...

Saturdays are quickly becoming my favorite day. Addison works 8-5! I know this may not seem like much to many, but to a guy that usually works 11 am-8 pm, this is gold. By the time alf and I wake up (around 10 am-lucky I know :) there's only 7 more hours till daddy gets home...as opposed to him just barely walking out of the door. We also get to get dinner at a normal time. 

But the real reason I get so excited is because Addi and I have started a weekly date night, and with Addi being off at 5, it usually ends up being this day :) most if our dates are free, using gift cards, or pretty cheap! What can I say? We are a creative couple who enjoy doing pretty much anything involving each other. With Addi working 6 days a week, these are also pretty low key, but I love it. It's brought us so much closer. Plus, conscientiously thinking about an activity for us to do together is therapeutic! I swear! And it keeps us from sitting on our phones, watching Netflix side by side all night every night...

So tonight! It's a picnic at the park with grapes, cheese, French bread, and most likely Dr. Pepper. I can't wait :)

On a side note, Alfie cracks me up everyday. He loves his bouncer. He sits in there for hours, always watching the same monkey swing from a branch. He loves this monkey. He coos to it. And it really sounds like he's speaking ape. It makes me laugh so hard. So I started speaking the ape I learned from Disneys Tarzan back to him. He is extremely responsive! Haha!
See that monkey on the top right? It's his best friend. I think we should name him... 

No comments: