Thursday, January 9, 2014

roll with the punches. a 38 week update.

What a crazy week it's been. I planned to continue working up until a couple days before my due date, but a couple weeks ago, the doctor made it pretty clear to me that with the type of work I do, that would not be smart. So I worked it out so I was working modified hours, and this was great for the last two weeks, BUT that was not in the stars for me this week. About a week and a half ago I started having a really hard time sleeping. My chest felt super tight and burny, and it radiated into my back. I thought it was just back pain that settled in at night? Turns out that's what really bad acid reflux feels like! It got worse and worse till Sunday night after throwing up several times, I went to the doctor. They prescribed a few heartburn meds, and then let me know that I probably had a 3rd kidney infection :( stupid kidney! I'm so mad at it. I've been taking antiobiotics everyday since October to prevent this. Man, if I lived in pioneer days, I would've been dead. I'm so grateful for antibiotics.

So the last couple days I have been testing out medications for heartburn, which cost me a few days of pain, throwing up, and dehydration. Haha, so I am officially on medical leave from work, and I think I've figured out the medication that works for me. I feel like a new woman today. I still have kidney issues, but because I am so close to the end, sounds like they feel more comfortable not upping my dosage.

I'm having contractions pretty consistently. I was dilated to 1 cm and 70% effaced on Monday! Go baby go! I am very excited because my momma booked her ticket out here, and will be arriving on Tuesday! I can't wait for my momma to come take care of me. We will see if I last that long ;) haha just hopeful thinking. Addison thinks he's coming the 11th. My prediction was today! I guess we still have a few more hours to make that happen. 

I have truly learned how to rely on The Lord. When I am up in the wee small hours of the morning, in absolute desperation He is the only one I can turn to. He is always there. I am so grateful for Him this week. He has helped me get much needed rest and find peace. Everything is in His very capable hands, and even when I am thrown for a loop, he is aware of me and my family. 

No comments: