Thursday, September 26, 2013

a recommendation.

I am an avid watcher of movies and television. And although, I am not always up to date on the latest episode (we survive on Netflix and Hulu) I keep up on the really good stuff. 

I stumbled upon a little gem yesterday, that I may be totally behind on, but I thought I'd mention it anyway. Now if you enjoy Downton Abbey, The Counte of Monte Cristo, Nicholas Nickleby, etc, this is for you! 

PBS "Great Expectations" is on Netflix. It is a 3 episode mini series, and completely haunting, as it should be. And just in time for Halloween too. I had never seen/read "Great Expectations" and I was jaw dropped, and gasping about every 15 minutes. So well done. The visuals are stunning, the acting, just right, and the story is illuminating. Loved it. It is not for the faint if heart. I still can't stop thinking about it. 

No comments: