Sunday, January 6, 2013

getting settled.

Hello from Florida! Wow! Things have happened so quickly. I'm so grateful for a Sunday to relax and enjoy our weeks work. We haven't got Internet in our apartment yet, so I'm gonna try an update from my phone :)

Christmas was absolutely wonderful. We can't believe the amazing people we are surrounded with. Our last two days in utah were spent just as they should've been: date night with the siblings, and a friends night. We are so blessed in all those that care about us.

Then we were off to Florida! The journey took 4 days in our two cars, with my parents. We listened to the Harry potter audiobooks the whole way, and the trip was bearable. We had a little holdup when has was accidentally put in our diesel... But we survived. We arrived New Year's Eve day and went out for my first lobster dinner at Joe's Crab Shack-it was awesome.

We moved with no furniture, just our belongings. So we bought a bed the night we got here. Thankfully we already have wonderful friends here from park city! And they have been so helpful- moving things with their truck and everything. Thanks to Craigslist, goodwill, and the dumpster by our apartment, we now have a dining set, couch, armchair, and entertainment center all for $135 :) I'm super proud. I am LOVING putting our cute little place together. I am just bursting with ideas. Oh, and I reupholstered my first chair! It's not perfect, but I'm proud.

I finished my employment process last week, and now my training starts Tuesday at Disney University. I hope I get a diploma :) after that I have no idea what my schedule is like, I guess I'll find out Tuesday! (I snuck some pictures! Even the casting building was magical! Gold statues and Disney character murals on the wall!)

We haven't met many people, especially since we went to the wrong ward today! But we've been able to really focus on our home and projects, so now I can start my employment without any distractions.

I am just invigorated by Florida. I want to eat healthier, be more active, be better at my callings, make great friends, be a better sibling and daughter. It seems so odd. But I feel like I am starting this new year in a new place without any preconceived ideas of how I should be. It's fun to think that no one knows who I am and I can create a fresh reputation.





































4 comments:

Melwel said...

so glad you have your phone....stinking internet. It all looks so cute.

Si said...

Moving can be so many things- scary, fun, exciting, lonely, and it forces you to rely on each other and not family. You will love being in Florida and cherish the times you get to spend with family. You'll create a whole new "family" there. Love to you and Addison in your new adventure!

TyandMar said...

What a cute apt bre! I love it...and you did awesome on the chair! What an exciting adventure! I'm so jealous! I would love to get back to disney world!! Good luck with your training!

Bailee said...

Super cute Bre! I'm so happy to see you guys are doing well in the Sunshine State! :) So excited for your new adventures. Love you both :)