Thursday, September 27, 2012

a breathtaking piece of folly.

I just wanted to give a little update! Addi and I found out today that we will be performing in Hale Centre Theatre's, "a Christmas Carol"! Addison is the tenor in the Octet, and I will be playing Fred's wife/poor wife. I am especially excited about the poor wife part. She is a soloist that sings a very sweet lullaby ("infant holy") to her baby. I absolutely fell in love with the part during callbacks, and am overjoyed to be in another show with Addison. We are also excited to be back at Hale. We reconnected with so many friends during auditions, and we love that space.

As we've been waiting to hear back from auditions and a bit stagnant... Wondering if we've been heading in the right direction, or if we're truly lunatics! We came across this bit of hope watching, "National Velvet". One of Elizabeth Taylor's first films, staring Mickey Rooney. Also, a young Angela Lansbury. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it! The mother in it is extremely wise, and when her daughter proposes her impossible dream to her she replies:

"I, too, believe that everyone should have a chance at a breathtaking piece of folly once in his life."

What a lovely way of putting it. So here we are, waiting and living our breathtaking piece of folly.

Here's a photo of our wonderful brunch family. We so enjoyed our time with them this weekend!

1 comment:

Bailee said...

I've never seen A Christmas Carol... now I have a reason to come see it at Hale this year. Congrats guys! Let me know what cast you're in so I can come see you!