Saturday, July 14, 2012

the night when an apostle comes to watch our performance.

well, Thursday's "Drowsy" show had an unexpected guest this week! after he was seated, Addison turns to me and goes, "who is the apostle that looks like our nephew, Louis?" and I said, "Richard G. Scott??" YES-indeed it was! and yes, my nephew does have an uncanny resemblance to him.
what is an apostle you might ask? well, in the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints we have twelve of them-just like in the days of Christ, also a living Prophet. apostles are called in our church to be a special witness of Jesus Christ. to learn more, click here.

i went up to him during intermission and asked to shake his hand, and he said, "ah! well can i shake yours!?" -such a sweet man. he asked my name, and i said, "Bre Welch...or Kitty!" and winked at him, as we are supposed to be selling concessions at intermission as our characters.
Can you spot him?
such a wonderful night. he told me that i gave a beautiful performance, that Addi stole the show and that Addi had a beautiful wife :) in honor of his attendance, my scripture study that night was reading his conference talk from the April 2012. My favorite quote was:


2 comments:

Melwel said...

I am so glad you have found time to blog again. thanks for sharing your thoughts and feelings... I love that you are figuring out photo shop and I can't believe how much little Louis looks like Richard G. Scott. You and Addison make me laugh.

Also.... the 9 things you learned are priceless.
Adventure is good.
Can't wait to be with you all again the end of the month.

Jane Anne said...

What a cool experience. You are so amazing. I wish we could come up and see you both steal the stage!!