Sunday, June 10, 2012

the whirlwind that is our life.

It has been two whole weeks since I've posted, and let me tell you, there hasn't been a moment to spare in those two weeks. The day after our "Drowsy Chaperone" opening we began work on "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels"...which is a beast of a show to tackle in two week, believe you me, believe you me.

Working at the Playmill has been a different experience than any other, here are some of the unique qualities about it:

-rehearsal is always on the stage-which I LOVE!! No rehearsal hall.
-free popcorn and soda all the time :)
-you're not just an actor, you're a technician, dresser, hair/makeup artist, props designer, publicity rep, seating host, concession seller, etc.
-with the sing-along that happens before each show + our new calling teaching the 9-11 year olds in church, we get to sing "happy birthday" 7 days out of the week.
-you are SO close to the audience-plus you seat them and sing with them. What an intimate experience that is so hard for me to get used to. I love not being able to see the audience-it freaks me out too much!
-shows are blocked, memorized, choreographed, and polished up in two weeks or less.
Opening night cast parties at Red Lotus. YUM
Sunday drives with the Mosses.
A surprise birthday breakfast for Addi!
My sweet-spirited friends...and our fav snack-Nutella and popcorn. best eaten by the spoonful.

a surprise party for Bailee! giving her a book full of love notes.

Life is good.

1 comment:

TyandMar said...

So fun you two. Looks like you are having such a great time! I really cant wait to come up and see it all!