Monday, May 21, 2012

about the Playmill.

I have officially been in West Yellowstone for a full week, and let me tell you: if first impressions mean anything-this summer is going to be the best one yet. This group up here is incredible-truly some GOLDEN friends that I can already tell are going to be lifelong.
Who wouldn't want to live here? But in all seriousness-windows are RAD. You forget how amaaaaazing natural sunlight and a cool breeze from the open window is. Living in basements will do that to you...We are truly cozying up to our new place nicely...along with the hundreds of Asian tourist that come and go.
BEST burger/fries I've ever had in my life, and it's not even a block away. I foresee a problem with this.
It has been one of the SOREST and longest weeks of my life. Learning 1.5 roles-choreography and all has been a challenge! But I am definitely up for it-oh yeah, and did I mention I need to have my splits in less than 3 weeks? Yeah...SORE. We are simultaneously working on the 1st two shows, which is confusing for me. Most all the choreography has been taught from Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. We open the Drowsy Chaperone in 5 days. I can't believe it! I have never moved so quickly from show to show-but I have to tell you: I kind of adore the fast pace.

A typical day here goes something like this:
8-wake up
9-sign into the theatre for rehearsal A
12-break for lunch
1-sign into the theatre for rehearsal B
4-break for dinner
     insert nap here.
6-sign into the theatre for rehearsal C
9-get home to watch Modern Family episodes and shower

My rehearsal shoes have never been so beat up, my thighs have never been so sore, my brain has never been so jam packed with choreography. I am loving every minute.

2 comments:

Ellen said...

This sounds amazing! I want to do it. :)

TyandMar said...

What a fun experience! We love you guys! Can't wait for the trip in August!