Sunday, December 4, 2011

happy december!

December really brings many things full circle for me. It means the end of a year, end of a school year, end of one full year blogging, and one complete year of marriage-what? That last one is absolutely crazy! I tend to be a tragically nostalgic person, so I fit in December quite nicely with all its traditions, resolutions, family-time, what have you. Makes me think about what I was doing a year ago. How completely different it was...and yet how completely the same. For instance, this weekend I went up to see the Creche (a nativity collection in Midway), just as I did last year...last year I was with my mom-this year I was with my, now, husband, and my new brother! It was beautiful, as always, and we even got to see the niblings play in a concert!
Addi/Landy and I also took a trip to Gramma's house to help her decorate her Christmas tree. She's just been diagnosed with cancer, and began chemo this week. Little did I know, I was in the company of two tree decorating fools! These pros taught me everything I'll ever need to know about tree decorating.
 2 hours and 300 ornaments later...I thought we were done...NOPE! 
Those Welch boys sure know how to deck the halls. 
Our favorite new find this holiday season though, comes to us compliments of Pinterest:
Drilled glass bottles with twinkle lights in them. We even put them in our tree to add something new!

No comments: