Thursday, September 15, 2011

coming along.

So today, I had a break through. One that I hope will be re-occurring. While roller-skating today I got up my momentum, turned and started skating backwards. 
it. was. awesome.
When I first picked up skates-I was so panicked. There was no way I was roller skating a whole show.
Today-it's possible. 
I know I have a long ways to go yet-but half the battle is just getting comfortable.
It was the first time totally enjoyed myself! I am way sore and worn out-and I love it!

On another note: SO I don't know how all of our family got together and coordinated that all of the Sunday activities (blessings, homecomings, singing in church) were going to be in the same few weeks. Long story short: we haven't been to our ward in a while since we moved in.

So what happens right after our workout intensive roller-skating rehearsal today? (when Addison kind of looks like a hobo in fluorescent swim trunks, with a completely different color fluorescent t-shirt on, with his poof poof hair, and I am in a sports bra, tank-top, pig-tails, and skin tight leggings?) 
Um, the ward missionaries drop by seeking out a reason why we are inactive.
We looked pretty guilty.
HA!

Oh, well. We quickly explained that we'd just been working out and that we had in fact been going to church...just not to our ward for a while. 
:) oh, irony.

2 comments:

Maggie said...

You're just s'cute on your skates. :) Our show is going to be just too much fun. <3

Melwel said...

Too bad you didn't get a picture of your inactive attire. Funny