Sunday, May 8, 2011

mum's day.

We got up this morning and went to our first day in our new ward, Lea Valley ward in North London. I sat next to a lady, Patience, and was about to tell her, "Happy Mother's Day!" Then I remembered...it's not mother's day in the UK! They celebrate "mothering sunday" and it was April 3rd...

So, for our mother's back in the States, Happy Mother's Day!

One of the coolest things about getting married is that you get to have 2 moms. A Addison just said in the tired nap stupor we're both in: 2 moms=2 loaves of love, well said. I know many people would say that this isn't very cool, and that it was one of the downsides to marrying the guy of their choice, but I am so lucky to adore my mother-in-law, Momma Melinda. She can always put a smile on my face, and is such and involved loving mother. She wants every one of her kids to get the most out of life, and she supports them in anything they want to do.

Momma Love (or Momma Julie) as Addison calls her is an amazing woman. When people ask me what my mom does/did for a living, I tell them that she's a saint. She is a devoted grandma, avid runner, temple worker, MTC volunteer, relief society president. On average 7/7 days in the week she is serving other people. When I call her, she is either driving from Heber to Kaysville to babysit a grandchild (and thinking nothing of the drive), on her way to the temple (my father and her go every Tues. morn), calling an inactive member for their birthday, can't answer because she is serving in the MTC, or breathless as she is finishing up her 10th mile running today. Seriously, just knowing how she spends her time, you know how incredible she is. But the true beauty of my mom is who you find her to be when simply talking to her. What a rare and special woman. 

We love you Mommas!
What gorgeous women, inside and out.

1 comment:

Jane Anne said...

Bre! That was my ward 2 years ago. Loved it. But it was kind of hard to get to. Good luck!