Thursday, March 17, 2011

My Disappointments...

Lately, I've been revisiting the Harry Potter novels. I began with #6 for no apparent reason, and I forgot how much I adore them. Now, I know as there are so many fans, that it must have been extremely difficult to cast the movies correctly in everyone's minds. 
I absolutely love the movies for so many reasons, but I do believe they made 2 horrible, and crucial mistakes when it came to casting:
 Now, this isn't what all of you think. I don't have a crush on Daniel Radcliffe. But for anyone who has read the books, this girl's interpretation is completely contrary to the books! She acts like an awkward, expressionless mouse!
I mean, does anyone remember this odd (yet supposedly pivotal) moment?
I have never seen her appeal-she is supposed to be dating all of these popular people... I seriously don't understand the direction they're giving her, but give the girl some make-up, or tell her to smile once in a while!
I know he must have it rough, having followed in Richard Harris' footsteps. But hello! Why does he always have to be so upset, sarcastic, and angry all the time!? In the books, he is an absolute optimist...
Richard Harris had it right...I miss hiss comforting warmth and security especially in the darker movies. 
Lucky for me, he's not around for the 7th movies. :)
I am glad they'd figured out how to style Michael Gambon's beard better though :)

6 comments:

Sean Bishop said...

....and this is why I love you. At least one of the reasons.

Landon said...

Not what I expected from the title. Haha, at first I was thinking oh I may have to call Bre she's having a heard day ---(i.e. "My Disappointments" haha) I agree with you on those two.

Steph said...

Totally agree with your opinion on Dumbledore! I've always hated the new guy. Richard Harris was amazing, I just loved him, but Gambon is such a putz! It could have been worse with Ginny though, they could have cast Kristen Stewart! Haha!

Jane Anne said...

I've always thought the same thing with Ginny. Give the girl a personality, some makeup and a haircut for crying out loud.

Hygge Man said...

I wrote three blog posts about "perfect casting." My brother commented on Richard Harris being perfectly cast as Dumbledore. I agree.

Kimi said...

Bre! I think we were separated at birth! I agree exactly--could've written that post myself. Other than those TWO things, they pretty much based the movie(s) on my imagination. I don't know how they got in my head to do that!