Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Off to LA in the morn

What an interesting semester Add and I have had this semester. Hopefully things will cool down a bit after this week...then on to earning lots of moola for London! Ha...say goodbye to all our savings! But we just closed a show, "Anything Goes", on Saturday-Addison (the lead) was incredible, and just got better and better with every night! We are on crew for a show going to ACTF-a college theatre festival, being held in LA this year! So we leave on a very long bus ride at 7 in the morning-wish us luck! I also have the opportunity to compete at the festival for an Irene Ryan Scholarship. I was nominated for "Five Carols For Christmas" back in November. As cool of an opportunity as it is, it's not just a walk in the park. You prepare 3 rounds of material (Although, most do not make it to the 2nd round). You have a partner for the first two rounds (mine of course is Addison), and the last round is a monologue. One scene may be a music scene, so we are doing South Pacific of course :) (my dream role) So as great as 70 degree weather will be this week, it comes with a lot of work. 

But we are excited for the adventure.
Here's some more pics from the wedding...
 My beautiful, lovely, perfect, scrumptious twenty dollar cake! I adore it.
 The nummy hot chocolate bar.
 The perfect wedding shoes, next to the most wonderfully made (by a 90 year old) bouquet. Hooray for Skyline Flowers-I will recommend them till the day I die!

 We really did have a homemade wedding. Addison and Momma Melinda handmade each of these boutineers-customized for each guy!
 DIVINE mints with our initials! Our thank you on the way out.
 My bridesmaids all had different peacock hairpins :)
















Addison and I designed our centerpieces ourselves...we just kind of put all the things we loved together in a collection of vases (found at the DI, Taipan, All-A-Dollar...wherever!) The windmills are compliments of my sista Kirsten-they really added the splash of color they needed!
 YUM-always have Kneaders cater. They're awesome, and ever-delectable.
 These were originally ducks, but we asked Kneaders to make some birds...with some kind of peacock splash-they took that and ran with it. Go Mason.



Bon Voyage till next week!

2 comments:

Aussiemuminthekitchen said...

One word...Gorgeous. Oh and two more...GOOD LUCK!

Elizabeth said...

Those bird cookies were so good! Hooray for Kneaders! I hope you guys have fun in LA! I can't wait to hear all about it! Love you both!